Table of contents
Creating a landing page for lead generation
Creating a landing page should start with determining the goal you want to achieve with it. The website should be designed to achieve this goal in the easiest way possible. For a landing page to be effective, it should easily guide the viewer through the entire conversion path to its final point.
Remember that a landing page is not your company’s website! Its purpose is not to tell the story of the company or the team working there. A landing page should only include information that is necessary to fulfill its purpose. Any elements that could potentially distract the viewer from converting will result in reduced effectiveness, and thus a lower conversion rate.
Just when you are sure that the landing page you designed will meet your audience’s expectations and serve its purpose, you can proceed with the lead generation process. What are the most effective forms of generating leads?
The most effective forms of generating leads are the following.
The most important issue, in my opinion, is to take care of visibility on the web. So what if your offer beats the competition and is incomparably better, if a potential customer never gets a chance to read it? Therefore, the first element of promoting your site should be to try to increase its visibility. You can do this organically (SEO) and inorganically (PPC).
What is SEO?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is known as SEO. It refers to the methods used to improve a site’s position in search engines, i.e. services such as Google, Yahoo! or Bing. In this way, the aim is to get much more traffic to the site and ultimately translate it into sales of products and services.
In Poland, the most popular search engine is Google – more than 96% of Internet users use its services. Therefore, the vast majority of issues related to positioning, as well as lead generation, in the case of our country, refer to the requirements that Google sets.
The most important thing for us is to be able to find the right way to do it.
What is website positioning?”
The search engine’s operation is based on a robot that scans all websites whose owners have included information in the code that they want to be indexed. Then Google, using its algorithms, verifies that the site meets the on-site and off-site requirements it sets for them. Based on this, it ranks the results that answer the user’s question.
Therefore, in order to rank high in organic search results, we need to find out what requirements Google places on webmasters and try to meet them as best we can. SEO efforts are a long-term process. You usually have to wait a minimum of several months for the first results. In order to carry out SEO activities effectively, expert knowledge and experience are necessary. Therefore, it is usually best to entrust the care of SEO to a digital agency
Why use the services of an SEO agency?
First of all – you will achieve better results. Experienced specialists know how to schedule activities so as to achieve specific goals, and they respond quickly to changes and updates that affect the position of the site.
Secondly – specialists have access to a number of tools that are essential for collecting and analyzing data on site traffic, user behavior and competitors’ activities.
What is PPC and performance marketing? – Performance marketing a lead generation
PPC, or pay-per-click, or performance marketing is a form of marketing in which you pay marketing providers only after the achievement of given business goals or after the recipient takes certain actions. These may include clicks, sales or ad impressions. In other words, it is performance-based marketing, hence the name performance marketing.
This type of marketing works when advertisers team up with agencies or publishers to design and place their company’s ads on available channels, such as Google Ads or Facebook Ads – on social media, search engines, videos or embedded web content. Instead of paying for advertising in the traditional way, advertisers pay based on the effectiveness of the ad, measuring all available elements in the process of broadcasting ads.
This type of marketing features high effectiveness in lead generation for several reasons:
- It enables audience segmentation and precise targeting. We can use demographics, online behaviors and other information to focus on audiences that fall into our target audience.
- Produce immediate results. Performance marketing campaigns generate traffic and clicks as soon as they are activated. If we need to acquire leads right now, because we have spare capacity, or there is a pickle season, ad hoc performance campaigns will work perfectly for this purpose.
- Performance marketing allows you to monitor results on an ongoing basis. Performance marketing allows you to measure all elements of the ads included in a campaign. By conducting this type of activity, you can examine how many impressions the ads generated, the number of clicks, the click-through rate (CTR) of the ads, etc. Additional data will be able to analyze after the implementation of Google Analytics 4
- Ad formats designed for acquiring leads. Most advertising systems allow the use of ad formats that rely on the recipient providing contact information. These include Lead Ads on Facebook or Lead Form Asset in Google Ads. The user, instead of going to the site and reading the content, can leave data right away.
Do you care about attracting new customers effectively and quickly?
Contact us and we will present the right advertising opportunities for your business and will be happy to establish a long-term cooperation!
Lead magnet – lead generation
Lead magnet is a type of free offer or content that a company offers to potential customers in exchange for their contact information. This could be an email address or phone number. The purpose of a lead magnet is to attract the attention and interest of potential customers, while allowing you to build a list of customers for further marketing efforts.
Lead magnet can take the form of, for example:
Quiz – by answering questions about preferences, the user gets recommendations of products or services that should suit him/her by e-mail.
Video Guide – the user enters his/her email address, after which he/she receives access to a video related to the offer to his/her mailbox.
E-book – the user enters his/her email address, after which he/she receives to his/her inbox an e-book on a topic related to the offer or the industry.
Discount coupons or promotions– special offers that are only available to those who sign up for the mailing list.
Calculators and online tools – interactive tools that help users solve problems or plan something. For example, installation cost calculators or payback calculators.
Access to webinar – in exchange for an email address, the user is given the opportunity to attend an online session.
Lead magnet allows you to acquire email addresses. With them, you can develop a business relationship with your customers in the future and acquire data to use in mailings and newsletters.
Lead magnet allows you to develop a business relationship with your customers in the future.
One of the most effective ways to lead generation is to offer them valuable content. Blogging, creating e-books or webinars are great tools. They will allow you to build a relationship with your customers and instill confidence in your company. The content you create should be valuable, targeted to your target audience and answer their questions and problems. An example of such content would be, for example, the Complete App Store Optimization Guide
When creating content, pay attention to several aspects:
- regularity – It is crucial in content delivery. Create a publication schedule and stick to it. Regularity builds trust.
- diversity – diversification of content ensures that audiences will not get bored. Customers also have preferences. Some prefer reading, others watching videos or listening to podcasts.
- value before selling – avoid direct sales behavior. Focus on delivering value and solving customer problems.
- Interact with your audience – be available to your community. Respond to comments, questions, engage in dialogue.
- Promote content – publishing content is only the first step. Also focus on promoting them through social media, emails, ad campaigns, etc.
Marketing strategist and SEM specialist with experience in team management. He has been involved in performance marketing for several years. His favorite area of interest is data analysis.