Table of contents
There is no single, foolproof way to create advertising that will produce sensational results. If there were – thousands of marketing agencies and advertisers would be left in the lurch. After all, we are here to develop the best possible results from our advertising campaigns by observing past activities, expanding our marketing knowledge and constantly analyzing the behavior of our advertising audiences.
Our successes are nothing more than just that – hard work. There is no magical way to achieve all marketing goals, but there are good and proven practices, the enforcement of which can be a kind of foundation on the road to achieving the desired success.
Our successes are the result of hard work.
If you want to learn how to increase the effectiveness of your Facebook ads – you are in the right place.
Why you should use Facebook Ads?
Few advertising platforms give us such a broad opportunity to define groups of audiences as Meta Ads, a platform through which it is possible to configure ads on both Facebook, Instagram and the Audience Network. This is one of the main advantages of using ads in this channel – if a Facebook user plans to buy certain products or shows interest in them, it is very easy to point them in their direction using signals about their activity.
Another advantage is that, as I mentioned earlier, Facebook ads are configured through the Meta Ads platform, which gives us the ability to easily broadcast them also on Instagram and through the Audience Network. This therefore increases the number of users who can potentially see our ads, and it gives us the ability to tailor content to specific platforms.
It’s also worth knowing that you don’t need a great deal of knowledge to start running Facebook campaigns, and the Meta Ads platform gives room for both novice advertisers and experienced marketers. This is because we have the ability to use ads static and dynamic, as well as use audience groups based on both basic interests and detailed and more specific audience behaviors.
The above-mentioned issues are just some of the advantages for which you should consider the Meta Ads platform when planning marketing strategies for your business. If you have already made the decision to use Facebook ads to promote your products, or services, be sure that your ads have the potential to achieve surprisingly good results.
Strategy when creating Facebook Ads – good practices
The foundation for the success of any online campaign is a properly planned and enforced strategy. Find out what you need to consider when planning a strategy for your Facebook Ads campaign.
Choose a target that will contribute to the success of your business
To achieve certain KPIs with the help of Facebook Ads, we can choose from the many available advertising goals proposed by Meta:
- Recognition – campaigns with a recognition goal will work great when conducting awareness activities for our brand. Such a campaign goal is an inseparable companion of rebranding, as well as launching completely new products on the market.
- Movement – campaign with a Movement goal is best used when we want to drive as many users as possible to a destination, such as a website, and at the same time we don’t have high expectations of triggering engagement.
- Activity – Targeted campaigns will display ads to people who are most likely to show interest in your company and demonstrate engagement with your company content. Such engagement can manifest itself in both starting a conversation and liking a post or Facebook page.
- Contacts -this objective comes in handy when you are keen on acquiring contacts in the form of appointments, consultations, service requests and the like.
- Promotion of the application – it is useful to use it when we want more people to install our application, or perform specific actions inside it.
- Sales – the goal of Sales will help us to increase the number of purchases made in our online store.
Make sure your ads reach the right people
Meta Ads gives us the ability to very precisely define both audience to which we want to target ads, as well as the placement of those very ads.
In most cases, the best practice for placements is as follows – to run effective campaigns, it is best to activate all placements and not change anything manually. Then, provide the appropriate formatting of graphics and videos to make each ad in a given placement look its best (e.g.: upload 9:16 footage to your inventory to create an attractive-looking ad for Facebook stories or Instagram reels).
Thanks to this, the Facebook Ads platform will be able to optimize the ads shown to achieve our desired goal at the lowest cost.
If you want to bet on accuracy and determine all placements manually, learn more about the subject, for example by reading specialized articles on the subject
When it comes to the audience of your ads, make sure it is neither too broad nor too narrow. To check whether the size of the audience group is appropriate, the measure icon on the right side of the Facebook Ads panel at the ad group edit level is useful. This measure can point to selected fields that determine the estimated size of the audience group. In case the arrow will be located near the center (or preferably slightly to the right of it), and the indicated field is green, it means that our audience size is just right.
We can manipulate the size of the audience by decreasing and increasing the age range of users we want to target with ads, as well as adding and narrowing their interests or location.
It is worth testing new audience groups, their interests, as well as creating so-called lookalikes and groups for remarketing campaigns. Meta Ads gives us a really wide range of possibilities here.
Gain peaks with Facebook Ads
Learn how to effectively generate valuable leads, increase sales and/or brand awareness with Facebook Ads. Contact us now and we will help you prepare an effective advertising strategy.
If you want your ads to attract as many users as possible, you must first and foremost grab their attention and make them stop scrolling for a moment.
How to do it? Awaken your creativity! However, while doing so, make sure that the creative materials (graphics and video) in your ads are consistent with your brand’s message, incorporate the colors used for its current corporate identity, and do not deviate from it aesthetically. Consider how best to present your products and services. You can use the following guiding questions for this:
- Are they more suited to a minimalist style or a very colorful and vibrant one?
- Whether it is better to use animation or real photos?
- What can I do to encourage users to interact with the ad?
- Are my creative materials consistent with each other and with my brand’s visual identity?
To make your materials more appealing, use storytelling, feedback from satisfied customers, or present a fun, animated character representing your brand. This will help you stand out from the competition.
Don’t forget to make proper use of copy on graphics – the text should be clear, include eye-catching headlines, and the most important numbers and words (e.g.: representing price, promotion, etc.) should be clearly visible and in bold.
Memorize that your creative line should include all the formats used for the selected ad placements on Facebook, Instagram and the Audience Network. So if you want to use all placements, prepare each graphic in JPG or PNG format and video in 1:1, 1.91:1 and 9:16 aspect ratios.
Facebook Ads Texts-good-practices
Text is a very important part of an ad created through the Meta Ads platform. Once you have attracted the attention of a potential customer with a graphic element, it depends on it whether this attention is maintained or transformed into engagement, or whether the user decides to scroll further after all.
What to do to make the copy of your ads keep the users’ attention and generate the best possible results?
- The text of your ads should be short and simple. You can put longer messages on the site or app you redirect users to, but an ad is definitely not a good place for them. In other words, don’t overdo it and make it longer.
- Give a brief description of what your product has to offer. Think about how your product will make your customers or users feel after using it, and present that to them in a concise, creative way.
- Use emoji and font modifications, such as bold or italics. Remember, however, that these types of embellishments should only be an addition, not predominate in the text.
- Take advantage of this.
- Put yourself in the role of the customer when writing advertising texts – think about what would convince you of your brand if you were in their shoes, and use it!
When it comes to technical issues, prepare 5 headlines and 5 texts for each version of graphics, or video you plan to use in the ad unless you plan to use a dynamic ad format. Then the texts should be universal and fit all the graphics and/or video you will provide for the ad. It’s important that the texts match the graphics with which they are presented so that they don’t confuse users.
Additionally, you can use A/B testing to check other ad texts to decide which work best and realize their maximum potential.
It’s very possible that if you’re just getting started with the Meta Ads platform you’ll encounter stumbling blocks on your way to success. Remember, however, that this is part of the whole process. You will quickly develop your knowledge of best practices for creating ads on Facebook, Instagram and the Audience Network (and more!) by following new articles appearing on blog Up&More